[Gc] Wrong __data_start/_end pair Abort
s***@posteo.de
2016-03-10 09:22:22 UTC

when I compile and run the following code, I get a message and an Abort.
When I run it in gdb

$ cat test.c

#include "gc.h"

int main () {
int *p;
GC_INIT():
p = GC_MALLOC(sizeof(int));
return 0;
}

$ gcc test.c -lgc

$ ./a.out
Wrong __data_start/_end pair
Aborted

$ uname -a
Linux localhost 3.10.49 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Nov 16 12:46:20 CST 2015
armv71 Android

Any suggestion on how to proceed. gdb did not show anything interesting.

Thanks.
Ivan Maidanski
2016-03-11 22:07:26 UTC
Hello,

I cannot reproduce it on the latest master (target: android 6.x arm32).
But I got a crash on this app, see  https://github.com/ivmai/bdwgc/issues/94
The workaround for now is to link gc statically.
Hi,